Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by of...@nym.hush.com on 2014/06/17 13:34:59 UTC

Howto migrate database to new codebase; 12.04 to 12.04.03 using built-in database

I have a test instance based on 12.04 and some own additions,
filled with some test data.

I am using the built-in DB engine.

How can I move my test data to a 12.04.03 based instance?

Should I

a) update my codebase, evtl. re-apply my code changes
   (how?, would the data stay intact?)

b) checkout a new codebase, re-apply my changes, move tha data?

Which are the files containing the data?

Are there export/import functions of ofbiz I could use to migrate
the data?

Kind regards,

ofbiz.user

Re: Howto migrate database to new codebase; 12.04 to 12.04.03 using built-in database

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

A few comments on the issue of database migration:

- First, although you can alter the entitymodel.xml files, sometimes you
have to tweak the database a bit in terms of field definitions. I am not
sure if it is intended behavior or a bug though
- Second, there is an entity import/export (using XML) tool under the
webtools component which is fantastic for migration purposes
- Finally, if your database migration is complex (ETL stuff or you need to
split for example, a field into two fields) then I would recommend using
liquibase or equivalent, it is an excellent tool to that end. You can apply
changes, revert changes, etc ...

My two cents!

Taher Alkhateeb

Posted by Anil K Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
In theory,

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi OFBiz User,

In webtools there are functions available to export your data set to a
given directory.

You can use that dataset to import in your new instance.

Regards

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-