Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2010/05/03 19:25:55 UTC

2.2.8 release?

I'd like to do a 2.2.8 release either later this week or early next week.

Some of you may have seen the articles that  Dennis Sosnoski have written for
IBM developerworks about CXF:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-jws12.html
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-jws13.html
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-jws14.html

That last article above was really great and shows how good/bad CXF is
compared to Metro and Axis2.   We pretty much crush Axis2 and do well against
Metro, especially with larger payloads.    2.2.7 contained a couple of fixes
and performance enhancements that were discovered while writing the last two
articles above.    Dennis is working on another article and hit another couple
of bugs that are now fixed in the 2.2.x snapshots.   I'd like to have a
release out there for his next article to point to.

Are there any objections to getting a 2.2.8 out soon?    What work remains
outstanding?   I hoping to find a little time to walk through all the new JIRA
bugs and see if anything can be fixed quickly.

That all said, I've started a new job today so I'm kind of spending most of my
time getting up to speed there.     That, and the ancient computer I'm on
really sucks. (new computer won't get here till next week)   Thus, I'm not
sure how much I'll be able to fix before then, but there's always 2.2.9.   :-)

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: 2.2.8 release?

Posted by Craig Tataryn <cr...@tataryn.net>.
Great comparisons, always good to have something like this to show to
people.

--
Craig Tataryn
site: http://www.basementcoders.com/

Re: 2.2.8 release?

Posted by William Tam <em...@gmail.com>.
Could someone review https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-2767?
I'd like to see it included in 2.2.8.  Thanks.

Re: 2.2.8 release?

Posted by "S. Ali Tokmen" <sa...@bull.net>.
Hello Daniel

Re: 2.2.8 release?