Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org> on 2008/06/11 03:27:58 UTC

ODBC driver (Re: Summary of win32 build issues)

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, Tom Donovan wrote:

> If there's interest, I have an ODBC DBD driver I would be glad to contribute.

That'll be great.  I look forward to it!

Given the limitations of the FreeTDS driver, I think there's a strong
case to recommend the ODBC driver over it on all platforms, not
just Windows.

--
Nick Kew

Re: ODBC driver (Re: Summary of win32 build issues)

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Tom Donovan wrote:
> Nick Kew wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, Tom Donovan wrote:
>>
>>> If there's interest, I have an ODBC DBD driver I would be glad to
>>> contribute.
>>
>> That'll be great.  I look forward to it!
>>
>> Given the limitations of the FreeTDS driver, I think there's a strong
>> case to recommend the ODBC driver over it on all platforms, not
>> just Windows.
>
> OK. I think it follows the APR guidelines - but if anyone has the time
> to give it a quick review that would be appreciated.
>
> apr_dbd_odbc.c for APR 1.3 is in (svn)
> http://odbc-dbd.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
>
> To go into apr it needs #ifdef HAVE_ODBC_H, and all the changes to
> apu.h(w nw .in), dbd.m4, dso.m4, etc. which I may need a little help
> with.  I'll wait a few days to let folks look it over, then I'll check
> it into apr-util/trunk if there are no objections.

It sounds great!  If you are the author and copyright holder, then you can
commit it directly.  If the copyright is actually owned by another, then
we'll work through a code grant / Incubator IP import form.

Might want to commit to trunk/ and others are happy to help plug into the
autoconf magic.

Bill

Re: ODBC driver (Re: Summary of win32 build issues)

Posted by Tom Donovan <do...@bellatlantic.net>.
Nick Kew wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, Tom Donovan wrote:
>
>> If there's interest, I have an ODBC DBD driver I would be glad to
>> contribute.
>
> That'll be great.  I look forward to it!
>
> Given the limitations of the FreeTDS driver, I think there's a strong
> case to recommend the ODBC driver over it on all platforms, not
> just Windows.

OK. I think it follows the APR guidelines - but if anyone has the time to give it a quick review
that would be appreciated.

apr_dbd_odbc.c for APR 1.3 is in (svn) http://odbc-dbd.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

To go into apr it needs #ifdef HAVE_ODBC_H, and all the changes to apu.h(w nw .in), dbd.m4, dso.m4,
etc. which I may need a little help with.  I'll wait a few days to let folks look it over, then I'll
check it into apr-util/trunk if there are no objections.

-tom-

Re: ODBC driver (Re: Summary of win32 build issues)

Posted by Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org>.

On 06/11/2008 03:27 AM, Nick Kew wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, Tom Donovan wrote:
>
>> If there's interest, I have an ODBC DBD driver I would be glad to
>> contribute.

+1

Regards

RĂ¼diger