Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by solo1970 <so...@ericsson.com> on 2008/12/02 21:11:46 UTC

Forbid the deploy of the same version

Hello All,

Here is my dilemna:

I am wondering if there is any way in Archiva, to stop a regular user
(guest) or other to deploy the same version twice???

Example:  If I just deployed version 1.0.0, then can I stop another user
from deploying the same version????

Sonia

RE: Forbid the deploy of the same version

Posted by Ben Lidgey <be...@inuknetworks.com>.
Yes, for example we have a shell script that runs every so often from a cron job to make everything in our releases repository read-only. We have a separate repository for internal snapshots, so developers can snapshot away.

I've also used the Archiva users to restrict access to deploying to the releases repository so that developers cannot deploy there -- only the build server can so we know which JVM version, environment etc was used and that the build passed (unit tests pass etc).

Ben

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that any use, dissemination, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

Re: Forbid the deploy of the same version

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.