Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by saumil shah <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2013/08/06 21:50:17 UTC

Re : Does Tomcat 7.x (7.0.42 ) support Java 1.7 ( 1.7.25)

Hello All,
Thanks in advance. Can someone please calrify on is Tomcat 7.X (7.0.42 ) compatible with Java 1.7.X ( 1.7.25 )?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9294355/is-tomcat-7-now-compatible-with-java-7
Above page indicates that it's compativle with Java 1.6 or later ...
But on official site ... I am NOT seeing it
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/building.html#Download_a_Java_Development_Kit_%28JDK%29_1.6_or_later
Am I missing something .....appreciate if someone can shed some light on this.
We are deploying COTS SAP Product and want to me be sure of compatibility before we deploy it . We don't really have much insight into the WEBAPP , it being COTS .... can say its using JSP, Servlets, WS etc....

Appreciate the help.

Re: Re : Does Tomcat 7.x (7.0.42 ) support Java 1.7 ( 1.7.25)

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 06/08/2013 21:50, saumil shah wrote:
> Hello All,
> Thanks in advance. Can someone please calrify on is Tomcat 7.X (7.0.42 ) compatible with Java 1.7.X ( 1.7.25 )?
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9294355/is-tomcat-7-now-compatible-with-java-7
> Above page indicates that it's compativle with Java 1.6 or later ...
> But on official site ... I am NOT seeing it
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/building.html#Download_a_Java_Development_Kit_%28JDK%29_1.6_or_later
> Am I missing something .....appreciate if someone can shed some light on this.
> We are deploying COTS SAP Product and want to me be sure of compatibility before we deploy it . We don't really have much insight into the WEBAPP , it being COTS .... can say its using JSP, Servlets, WS etc....
>
> Appreciate the help.

Try reading the release notes [1] rather then the building instructions.

Mark

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/RELEASE-NOTES.txt