Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by rojerick luna <rh...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/06/20 11:10:48 UTC

Automatically Restart Solr

Hi,

I'm trying to automate Solr restart every week.

I created a stop.bat and updated the start.bat which I found on an article online. Using stop.bat and start.bat is working fine. However when I created a Task Scheduler (Windows Scheduler) and setup the frequency to stop and start (using the bat files), it's not working; the Solr app didn't restart.

Please let me know if you have successfully tried it and send me steps how you've setup the Task Scheduler.

Best Regards,
Jeck Luna

Re: Automatically Restart Solr

Posted by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com>.
Got it but unless you know what caused OOM you can run into this again.
Restart may not help really.

You should try to find out from gc logs if it was sudden increase which
caused OOM (some culprit query or heavy ingestion) or it was over the
period of time (due to cache util..).

Based on that you may want to proceed further..

Posted by rojerick luna <rh...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Furkan.

Posted by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.