Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by amanica <am...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/02 21:33:45 UTC

Re: Exceptions when invoking EJBs from OpenEJB ran as embedded container

recursion wrote:

> Exception in thread "pool-1-thread-12" java.lang.IllegalStateException: No
> tx on thread
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionManagerImpl.getActiveTransactionImpl(TransactionManagerImpl.java:194)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionManagerImpl.putResource(TransactionManagerImpl.java:218)
> 	at
> org.apache.openejb.core.transaction.JtaTransactionPolicy.putResource(JtaTransactionPolicy.java:116)
> 	at
> org.apache.openejb.core.transaction.EjbTransactionUtil.createTransactionPolicy(EjbTransactionUtil.java:59)
> 	at
> org.apache.openejb.core.stateful.StatefulContainer.createEJBObject(StatefulContainer.java:295)
> 	at
> org.apache.openejb.core.stateful.StatefulContainer.invoke(StatefulContainer.java:263)
> 	at
> org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.EjbHomeProxyHandler.create(EjbHomeProxyHandler.java:270)
> 	at
> org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.EjbHomeProxyHandler._invoke(EjbHomeProxyHandler.java:161)
> 	at
> org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.BaseEjbProxyHandler.invoke(BaseEjbProxyHandler.java:286)
> 	at $Proxy11.create(Unknown Source)
> at
> org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.BusinessLocalReference.getObject(BusinessLocalReference.java:33)
> 	at
> org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.IvmContext.lookup(IvmContext.java:150)
> 	at
> org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.ContextWrapper.lookup(ContextWrapper.java:115)
> 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
>
> Any ideas ?

I got a similar excepion today, and figured out for the second time that it
was because of this:
ERROR - JAVA AGENT NOT INSTALLED. The JPA Persistence Provider requested
installation of a ClassFileTransformer which requires a JavaAgent.  See
http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/javaagent.html

and from the mentioned page it is clear that you have to add something like
the following to your runtime VM args:
-javaagent:openejb-javaagent-3.0-beta-2.jar