Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Christian Lutz <Ch...@kreeloo.de> on 2020/04/07 21:06:06 UTC

Using jetty instead of undertow with keycloak possible

Hello,

I just wanted to ask if someone has a running karaf 4.2.8 instance with REST services protected by keycloak.
Based on this https://github.com/jboss-fuse/karaf-quickstarts/tree/7.x.redhat-7-x/security/keycloak/keycloak-cxf#testing-embedded-undertow-servlet-engine <https://github.com/jboss-fuse/karaf-quickstarts/tree/7.x.redhat-7-x/security/keycloak/keycloak-cxf#testing-embedded-undertow-servlet-engine> approach,
but instead of using cxf with undertow using this approach with jetty.

If so, did the description work out of box or are any changes necessary?

For some reason the keycloak-pax-http-jetty feature is commented out.
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/distribution/adapters/osgi/features/src/main/resources/features.xml <https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/distribution/adapters/osgi/features/src/main/resources/features.xml>
Any idea why?

Sincerely
Christian

Re: Using jetty instead of undertow with keycloak possible

Posted by Alex Soto <al...@envieta.com>.
Hi JB,

Can you share your workaround?  Thanks!

Best regards,
Alex soto

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Christian,

Thanks for the update.

As said in another mail, issues should be fixed/improved at keycloak.

Waiting fixes in keycloak directly, maybe it’s interesting to evaluate some alternatives (maybe a mix of Syncope or Shiro for instance).

Regards
JB

Posted by Christian Lutz <Ch...@kreeloo.de>.
Hello Alex, JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

OK, I understand. Actually, the issue is more on keycloak IMHO. It should leverage the http provider as well (so supporting jetty) and the features is "so so".

Unfortunately, I don’t have any "entry point" at keycloak so we have to trust the keycloak guys to accept PR or fix themselves.

Regards
JB

Posted by Alex Soto <al...@envieta.com>.
Thanks, JB,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Alex Soto <al...@envieta.com>.
Blacklist? How?

Best regards,
Alex soto

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Alex Soto <al...@envieta.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Soto <al...@envieta.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Alex Soto <al...@envieta.com>.

Posted by Christian Lutz <Ch...@kreeloo.de>.
Hello,

I tried to get the keycloak integration up and running with karat (4.2.8) cxf (3.3.5) jetty (9.4.x) and keycloak (9.0.3).

* https://github.com/jboss-fuse/karaf-quickstarts/blob/7.x.redhat-7-x/security/keycloak/fuse-keycloak.adoc#securing-embedded-cxf-server---previous-solution <https://github.com/jboss-fuse/karaf-quickstarts/blob/7.x.redhat-7-x/security/keycloak/fuse-keycloak.adoc#securing-embedded-cxf-server---previous-solution>
* https://github.com/jboss-fuse/karaf-quickstarts/blob/7.x.redhat-7-x/security/keycloak/fuse-keycloak.adoc#securing-embedded-cxf-server---new-solution <https://github.com/jboss-fuse/karaf-quickstarts/blob/7.x.redhat-7-x/security/keycloak/fuse-keycloak.adoc#securing-embedded-cxf-server---new-solution>

At first both solutions didn’t work. I found a bug within the jetty adapter. I created PR for this[1]
With this fix the previous solutions works, now.

However I wasn’t able to get the new solution working.
The questions is, is it a bug within one of the components pax-web, keycloak adapter or just a configuration error.
Does anyone have a running instance with the new solution.

kind regards
Christian

[1]: https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/pull/6978 <https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/pull/6978>