Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ajan Balakrishnan <AB...@ForestExpress.com> on 2001/11/13 20:34:40 UTC

Tab support in jetspeed

Is there a way to create multiple pages in jetspeed(some kind of "tabs"
across the top of the jetspeed page so that the user can have portlets 1 - 5
on page one, or click on a tab and see portlets 6-10 on page 2, etc.) and
each of these pages should be be personalized(individually). Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Tab support in jetspeed

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Ajan,

Yes, Use the tab control.  The new user default has one tab, "Home".  To
add additional tabs, click the pencil icon on he far right.  To add
portlets to a tab, click the pencil icon next the tab title.

Paul Spencer

Re: Tab support in jetspeed

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Ajan,

AW: Tab support in jetspeed

Posted by Andreas Kempf <An...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

select the menu pane or tab pane controller to add one or more panes.

I changed the jetspeed customization. Now it's possible to select a pane and
modify it.
That means you can add more panes or portlets depending on the controller
you have choosen.
So you could create a pane with several portlets, implemented in a pane with
some portlets and a different skin and all together implemented again in a
pane with a new skin. It's working fine.

I am working on a package with all changes I've done (including wap profiles
and customization) but I'am very very busy - maybe on wednesday or thursday.

Andreas