Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by David Harrigan <da...@orange-ft.com> on 2006/09/22 14:00:39 UTC

read-only database in a web application?

Hi,

The ongoing learning adventure continues! :D

My database is built, now I've jar'ed it up thusly:

searchdb.jar

contains:

searchdb/seq0
serachdb/seq0/......
searchdb/log......
searchdb/log/......

etc...

Now, I've dropped this jar into the WEB-INF/lib
directory to make it available to my web application,

but when I try to open the database using this
connection string:

jdbc:derby:/searchdb

I get back an exception saying it can't find the
database /searchdb...

All libs in the WEB-INF/lib directory should be
available to the application since the container
makes them available on the classpath, so searchdb.jar
should be on my classpath...

Anyone solved this, or anyone got any ideas?

-=david=-

This email and the files transmitted with it are meant solely for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above. They may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the addressee(s) or responsible for delivery of the message to the addressee(s), please delete it from your system and contact the sender right away. The opinions, conclusions and other information in this message which do not relate to the official business of Orange Home UK plc are not necessarily endorsed by it. Orange Home UK plc has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but it remains your responsibility to confirm and ensure this.

Orange Home UK plc is a subsidiary of France Telecom SA. Our registered office is at: Verulam Point, Station Way, St. Albans, Herts, AL1 5HE, and we are registered in England and Wales, as Company No. 3014367

RE: read-only database in a web application?

Posted by David Harrigan <da...@orange-ft.com>.
Hi,

wow!!!!

That's it! Works fantastic! Thank you for your help.

-=david=-

> The ongoing learning adventure continues! :D
>
> My database is built, now I've jar'ed it up thusly:
>
> searchdb.jar
>
> contains:
>
> searchdb/seq0
> serachdb/seq0/......
> searchdb/log......
> searchdb/log/......
>
> etc...
>
> Now, I've dropped this jar into the WEB-INF/lib directory to make it
> available to my web application,
>
> but when I try to open the database using this connection string:
>
> jdbc:derby:/searchdb
>
> I get back an exception saying it can't find the database /searchdb...
>
> All libs in the WEB-INF/lib directory should be available to the
> application since the container makes them available on the classpath,

> so searchdb.jar should be on my classpath...

In your case the URL should read jdbc:derby:classpath:searchdb

--
Bernt Marius Johnsen, Database Technology Group, Staff Engineer,
Technical Lead Derby/Java DB Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway

Posted by "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Be...@Sun.COM>.