Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/25 05:31:49 UTC

Algorithms in Mahout

I have gone through  http://mahout.apache.org  for some data mining
algorithms already implemented on the Hadoop plattform.

>From that i understood that

1. Kmeans
2. Decision Tree
3. Navie Bayes
Have implementation in hadoop platform

And for
4. DBscan
5. k-mearesr neighbr
6. svm
7. Logistic Regression
8. Neural n/w
9. Aprori
it is not there in Mahout.
Is that inference right?

--
*Thanks & Regards*

Unmesha Sreeveni U.B

*Junior Developer*

Re: Algorithms in Mahout

Posted by ya...@gmail.com.
You can reference this:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Algorithms

Most main stream data mining algorithm is implemented in mahout.

Re: Algorithms in Mahout

Posted by Yexi Jiang <ye...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know:
4. *DBScan*: It has been proposed, but someone think it is not that useful.
5. *KNN*: there is a simple solution. Given an instance, suppose you want
to get its 3NN. In the mapper side, you can find the local 3NN at each
partition. At the reducer side, you can find the global 3NN.
6. *SVM*: I'm not sure whether there is an implementation in mahout.
7. *Logistic regression*: It is implemented as sgd in mahout.
8. *Neural network*: it is still under review.
9. *Frequent itemset*: There is fp-growth instead of apriori.

--
------
Yexi Jiang,

Re: Fwd: Algorithms in Mahout

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
So currently we dnt have Decision Tree in mahout 0.6 release.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Sebastian Schelter <ssc.open@googlemail.com

--
*Thanks & Regards*

Unmesha Sreeveni U.B

*Junior Developer*

Re: Fwd: Algorithms in Mahout

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Fwd: Algorithms in Mahout

Posted by Pavan K Narayanan <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Algorithms in Mahout

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
Thxs for the replies. I will go through those links.Thanks for spending
time for me :)

--
*Thanks & Regards*

Unmesha Sreeveni U.B

*Junior Developer*

Re: Algorithms in Mahout

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@yahoo.com>.
Dhruv,

Re: Algorithms in Mahout

Posted by Dhruv <dh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Algorithms in Mahout

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: Algorithms in Mahout

Posted by Manuel Blechschmidt <Ma...@gmx.de>.
Hi Unmesha,
please also consult JIRA as a source for algorithm, there you find implementations or discussions:

e.g. for neural networks a.k.a multilayer perceptrons:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-1265
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-976

SVM:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-334
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-232
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-14
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-227

For aprior Mahout offered an alternative Parallel Frequent Pattern Mining. This will be retired after 0.8
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Parallel+Frequent+Pattern+Mining

There are/were multiple kNN implementation in Mahout:
Recommender knn http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.mahout/mahout-core/0.6/org/apache/mahout/cf/taste/impl/recommender/knn/Optimizer.java (will be removed for 0.9)
stream knn https://github.com/tdunning/knn/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/knn/cluster/StreamingKMeans.java
normal knn

Hope that helps