Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by fedler <as...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/04 23:12:29 UTC

General Solr Getting Started Help

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know of a tutorial that builds a Solr service from the ground up
saying what each of the files are, what their purpose is, what minimum
settings are required and finally how to build up a schema?

I have been searching forever on how to create to get started with Solr and
I have had no help at all. Every link seems to be "copy the example
directory and swap-out the stuff you don't want". There are a lot of
problems with this a) I have no idea what files are actually required b) The
files contain piles of unneeded attributes and settings c) It comes with a
full schema. d) I learn nothing :(