Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/11 07:25:58 UTC

Can a JSF page be in database?

Hi,

  Normally JSF pages are package in a war file. Is it possbile to put a JSF page in database, and loaded dynamically and rendered?  What I like to achieve is layout design that can be dynamically added.

  Thanks for any idea.
  Dave

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Can a JSF page be in database?

Posted by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com>.
The servlet container should have a "PageLocator" layer that makes JSP page location transparent to upper layer, so that JSP can be in filesystem, database or internet.

Jason King <jh...@airmail.net> wrote:
  Theoretically you could, but then you'd have to write it to the
filesystem and recompile. It would make for a very slow system.

Posted by Jason King <jh...@airmail.net>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
... or component-binding!

regards,