Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Priyanka Gugale <pr...@apache.org> on 2017/04/17 10:06:45 UTC

[HDFS] Monitor a directory

Hi,

I would like to monitor a HDFS directory for any file
addition/deletion/modification.
I see we have a inotify at file system level. I see two problems with it,
1. It has to be run as a DFSAdmin user.
2. I didn't find a way to monitor a particular folder, it monitors entire
file system.

Is there any other way I can monitor a directory? Or is there something I
am missing about inotify?

-Priyanka

Re: [HDFS] Monitor a directory

Posted by priyanka gugale <pr...@apache.org>.