Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de> on 2007/04/18 15:39:58 UTC

Adding release version to Jira

Hi,

what about adding the version number (4.0) for the next release to Jira.
Then we can add all issues which should be fixed for the release to this
version to get a better overview.

--
Christian

Re: Adding release version to Jira

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Apr 19, 2007, at 11:23 AM, Christian Geisert wrote:

> David E. Jones schrieb:
>>
>> It works the opposite way. Rather than trying to fix or add
>> everything
>> before a release branch the branch is a cutoff point that people can
>> rally around to get it production ready independent of the trunk.
>
> Uh, I didn't say anything about when to fix anything (I actually voted
> for doing the branch now)
>
> It's just that for example Jacopo and Walter mentioned some bugs which
> *should* be fixed for the release and assigning these to the release
> version in Jira makes it easier to see what needs to be done (for
> those
> who want to help with testing, providing patches etc)

Okay, I think I see what you're saying. Sorry for introducing non-
existent problems.

-David

Re: Adding release version to Jira

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
It works the opposite way. Rather than trying to fix or add
everything before a release branch the branch is a cutoff point that
people can rally around to get it production ready independent of the
trunk.

For more info see the Release Plan:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan

-David