Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jay Glanville <Ja...@naturalconvergence.com> on 2006/01/06 17:45:28 UTC

how to create axis client from XML Schema?

Hello all

Please excuse the potentially really stupid question I'm about to ask
(blame it on too much eggnog over the holidays).

Is there a way that I can create an Axis client for a service that only
has an XML Schema (it doesn't publicize a WSDL)?

We're currently using SAAJ to construct our requests to this server,
along with the parsing of the responses.  Thus, we've started to write
wrapper code to make an interface to this service.  However, I would
like to avoid this if I could find a tool like WSDL2Java.

So, is there any way that I can get Axis to implement my client?  If
not, is there a recommendation for a tool that's analogous to WSDL2java
(creation of beans, dealing with communication, etc) but for XML
Schemas?

Thanks

JDG

---
Jay Dickon Glanville

Re: how to create axis client from XML Schema?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Jay,

you can try Apache Xmlbeans (http://xmlbeans.apache.org/). Axis2 also
has a XSD2Java.

My recommendation is for you to write a local wsdl that best fits the
service (never mind that they don't publish one :) and then do the
code generation using WSDL2Java.

thanks,
dims