Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com> on 2009/10/25 09:53:34 UTC

Re: [OpenSocial] Can't get PHP Shindig to work on WAMP

Hey David,

The preferred mailing list for shindig support is the
shindig-dev@incubator.apache.org list, see
http://incubator.apache.org/shindig/community/getting-help.html for details
on how to sign up for it, there's not to many shindig folks on this list so
often chances of getting a good answer are much better there :)

I have to admit I'm not familiar with that error, there are a few things you
could though:
1) Make sure your browser isn't configured for a proxy server (since you're
hitting local host, a proxy server wouldn't know what to do with it)
2) Make sure your php error reporting is set as verbose as possible in the
hope some useful error will show up, ie set error_reporting = E_ALL in your
php.ini
3) Make sure that shindig's setup it's self is working, ie hitting something
like http://shindig/gadgets/proxy?url=http://www.google.com should give you
a p.txt download with the contents of google.com in it, if it doesn't either
your browser can hit your local server (see #1), or it's failing to fetch
remote resources, in which case you could check if the curl extension is
working properly, and perhaps if it needs to be configured for a proxy
server to reach the 'net (proxy setting in config/container.php)

Hope that helps to track down the error & let us know how it goes!

   -- Chris