Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sh...@ubs.com on 2006/01/09 17:04:06 UTC

Bean scope...

Hi All,
I keep getting this error , I have defined this bean in config file...
Also...
---------Cannot find bean StatusSearchActionForm in any scope

 <form-beans>
         <form-bean name="StatusSearchActionForm" type="com.ubs.eq.na.lynx.clientdata.StatusSearchActionForm" />
    </form-beans>

Do I have to define it somewhere else???

Can you please tell me where could I get the basic information regarding the same.

Some of the basic books or pdf files for the basic understanding of struts

Posted by Carl Smith <cc...@yahoo.com>.
Our app's websphere log has a lot of errors lised below, this is not a class path issue, but whatelse reasons? And also what does "us" in the message below mean? Thanks in advace.

  : [Servlet Error]-[us]: Failed to load servlet: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: us
 at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.findClass(CompoundClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
 at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadClass(CompoundClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
 at java.beans.Beans.instantiate(Beans.java:216)
 at java.beans.Beans.instantiate(Beans.java:77)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppServletManager.loadServlet(WebAppServletManager.java:188)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.addServlet(WebApp.java:723)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppServletRegistry.addServlet(WebAppServletRegistry.java:48)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:180)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInstance.doService(StrictServletInstance.java:110)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:174)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:313)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:116)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.service(ServletInstance.java:283)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ValidServletReferenceState.java:42)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletInstanceReference.java:40)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:1073)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:598)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:206)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:80)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.java:214)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.cache.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedInvocation.java:71)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequestProcessor.java:182)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener.java:334)
 at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.http.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:56)
 at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:622)
 at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:457)
 at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:672)

---------------------------------
 Yahoo! Mail

which is a good instance variable

Posted by Carl Smith <cc...@yahoo.com>.
I am designing a new class and wondering what class are a good candidates for the class attribute. I know String, Date, Integer, int, fload, boolean, Boolean all are good for instance variables, but classes/interfaces like Map, InputStream, Iterator are also good instance variable cadidate? Why?

  Thanks.

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Photos

Re: Bean scope...

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
After defining a form-bean for an ActionForm

 <form-bean name="StatusSearchActionForm"

the next step is to relate the ActionForm to an ActionMapping. The
"name" attribute in an mapping refers to the "name" attribute in a
form-bean.

When a request is made for a *specific* action with the attribute
"name='StatusSearchActionForm'", the controller will create the
ActionForm and put into the context using "StatusSearchActionForm" as
the key.

The message

 "Cannot find bean StatusSearchActionForm in any scope"

is probably being generated by a bean:write tag, or equivalent on a
page that was reached without going through an ActionMapping that
referred to the form-bean of that name. The controller only creates a
StatusSearchActionForm when it is told. If the bean doesn't exist,
it's because the controller has not been told to create one.

A point of confusion might be if the StatusSearchActionForm is created
in session scope. In that case, whether the bean exists when a given
action is called might depend on some other action being called first.
Using sessions scope for ActinoForms can lead to a situation when the
error seems inconsistent. Sadly, session scope is the default.

-- HTH, Ted.
http://www.husted.com/poe/