Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> on 2002/02/18 20:28:44 UTC

Re: Velocity 101 Question

On 2/24/02 2:24 PM, "Todd Burian" <tb...@interactapps.com> wrote:

> I am still trying to set up the proper environment for Velocity etc, when I
> try to run the examples provided I get the following error:  I am not sure
> what is wrong?
>
> Using classpath:
> .;..\..\bin\velocity-servlet-1.2.jar;..\..\build\lib\fop-bin-0_17_0.jar
> org/apache/velocity/exception/ParseErrorException

The simple guess is that you don't have all the jars built.

It looks like you just built the velocity-servlet jar which builds a subset
for convenience.

You still need the rest of the template engine -

So delete that jar, and use the regular 'jar-deps' target, and try again.

System and Software Consulting
Be a giant.  Take giant steps.  Do giant things...