Posted to general@attic.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/11 19:17:49 UTC

Adding a banner to Wiki pages

I've created a PR [1] which is intended to do the same for the
Confluence Wiki as as the flagged directory entries do for retired
websites.

The idea is that there is an ATTIC Wiki, under which the Attic project
can create dummy pages. If the dummy page matches the name of a
retired Wiki, then an output filter is added, and a banner is added to
the page before delivery.

For example:

Sqoop has retired, so I created the page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ATTIC/SQOOP

Once the PR is approved, it should result in a banner being added to pages under

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SQOOP

[N.B. The banner is not added yet, as the PR has not been applied!]

If this works OK, then adding the banner will just be a matter of
creating a suitable page under the ATTIC Wiki.

Sebb
[1] https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-p6/pull/789 (requires karma)

Re: Adding a banner to Wiki pages

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
It now works, for example:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LENS

The solution requires a change to the Infra Puppet data.
This can be done when they mark the Wiki read-only.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.