Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stephane Roy <st...@alcatel-lucent.fr> on 2007/06/06 17:01:19 UTC

[Axis2] How to log traces on the server side ?

Hi,

This must be a newbie question, anyway...

I have an Axis2.1.2 web service deployed in Tomcat5.5. I would like to
log some traces from my server for debug purposes. So in the code, I wrote:

System.out.println("my debug trace");

The problem is that I don't see these traces anywhere.

I activated the logging mechanism for Axis2.1.2 and an axis2.log file is
indeed created when Axis2 is started in Tomcat, but my traces are not
logged into it.

How can I put some traces in my source code to be able to debug my web
service ?
Is there a tutorial somewhere for this ?

I searched the Web and found this tutorial 'How to Debug a Web Service?'
(http://wso2.org/library/225). However I don't use Eclipse, so this is
not helping much.

Thanks in advance.

Stephane Roy
Alcatel-Lucent

Re: [Axis2] How to log traces on the server side ?

Posted by Stephane Roy <st...@alcatel-lucent.fr>.
Hi,

Eran Chinthaka wrote:

> If you are fine with using System.out statements, then make sure you
> start Tomcat with catalina run.
>
> Rather than invoking startup.bat/sh goto bin folder and type
> catalina.bat/sh run. You will be able to see your system.out messages.

Thanks Eran, this works just fine.

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.