Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "yinhua.dai" <yi...@outlook.com> on 2018/10/18 07:52:52 UTC

How to access Ftp server with passive mode

I am using flink to download and process a big file from a remote ftp server
in AWS EMR.
As flink supports ftp protocol with hadoop ftp file system, so I use the
CSVInputFormat with a ftp address(ftp://user:pass@server/path/file).

It works correct in my local machine, but when I run the job in EMR it
failed to establish the connection between the EMR node and ftp server.
After some investigation I found that we have to use ftp passive mode to
access the ftp server in AWS, but by checking the source code of
FtpFileSystem, it looks like it always use active mode, I can't find a way
to inject and modify the behavior to use passive mode, although FtpClient
has method to do that.

Do you have any suggestions, thank you.