Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Luca <ra...@yahoo.it> on 2008/02/26 12:26:17 UTC

[HOD] Port for MapReduce UI interface

Hello everyone,
	although in my configuration I specified:

[hod]
xrs-port-range                  = 10000-11000
http-port-range                 = 10000-11000

the Mapred UI is chosen outside this range. This will be a problem with
my currently firewall settings. Any hint on how to solve this? Did I
forget some additional parameter?

Cheers,
Luca

Re: [HOD] Port for MapReduce UI interface

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Luca wrote:

> [hod]
> xrs-port-range                  = 10000-11000
> http-port-range                 = 10000-11000
>

> the Mapred UI is chosen outside this range.

There's no port range option for Mapred and HDFS sections currently. You
seem to have a use-case for specifying the range within which HOD should
try and bind. Please file a JIRA for this.

Thanks
Hemanth