Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Mona Chitnis <mo...@apache.org> on 2013/08/23 19:36:12 UTC

[VOTE] Release Oozie 4.0.0 (RC2)

Hello Oozie community,

The release candidate 2 for Oozie 4.0.0 is available. (Critical bug fixes from RC1 and excluding 'workflowgenerator' from release tarball)

Recap from previous 4.0.0 RCs,

Oozie 4.0.0 has major features such as Hcatalog Integration, SLA Monitoring (with Dashboard in UI) and JMS Messaging. It has several other important bug fixes. You can refer to the release-log.txt for all the features and fixes.

Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at
http://www.apache.org/dist/oozie/KEYS

Please download, try out the release, and vote by replying on the thread:
http://people.apache.org/~mona/oozie-4.0.0-rc2

The release, md5 signature, gpg signature, and rat report can all be found at the above address.

Note: This release also has a database schema change with additional tables and columns, so run the DB creation tool.
Below are the incompatible changes in this release:

OOZIE-1408 Change column type of "frequency" from int to varchar for coordinators
OOZIE-1357 Can't view more than 1000 actions of a coordinator and paging does not work
OOZIE-1231 Provide access to launcher job URL from web console when using Map Reduce action

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OOZIE%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20incompatible

Also,
If you are checking out the HCatalog integration functionality, refer to HCatalog installation instructions at -
http://hive.apache.org/docs/hcat_r0.5.0/install.html
And, ActiveMQ (JMS-compliant message broker) installation instructions at - http://activemq.apache.org/getting-started.html
The Oozie server settings required are enlisted in the Oozie install documentation itself.

Vote closes after 3 business days on Aug 27 11:00 PDT.

Thanks,

Mona Chitnis

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 4.0.0 (RC2)

Posted by Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Yes. Unless it makes sense to live with it.

Posted by Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by bowen zhang <bo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Mona,

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.
+1

+ Verified md5
+ Built and setup Oozie (on Java 7)
+ Ran a bunch of the Oozie examples against Hadoop 1.2 (though the libext
jars were Hadoop 1.1)
+ Tried some misc Oozie commands and UI clicks on the examples
+ Verified that wfgen isn't there

thanks
- Robert

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 4.0.0 (RC3)

Posted by Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Verified signature and MD5.
Built and setup Oozie, ran examples against both Hadoop 1 and 2 (with
respective JARS in libext)

--Mona

Posted by Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Virag Kothari <vi...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Virag Kothari <vi...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by bowen zhang <bo...@yahoo.com>.
+1

________________________________

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Ryota Egashira <eg...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

-verified md5
-built and ran oozie-server
-ran examples (map-reduce, aggregator,bundle, sla..etc) and verified
-checked SLA tab on UI
-checked CLI and Web API

Ryota

Posted by Ryota Egashira <eg...@yahoo-inc.com>.