Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mamathahl <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/08 14:02:50 UTC

LocalSolr,Apache-solr-1.4.0

hi,
I am interested in spatial search. I am using Apache-solr 1.4.0 and
LocalSolr
I have followed the instructions given in the following website
http://gissearch.com/localsolr
The query of the following format
/solr/select?&qt=geo&lat=xx.xx&long=yy.yy&q=abc&radius=zz
(after substituting valid values) given in the website is not producing any
results.
I am also not understanding the significance of field "long" in the
query,though there is no field specified as "long", instead i can find only
"lng".
I want the results to be produced with respect to radius and not the results
got by a mere full text search..
Is there any need to use LocalLucene also?

Any help regarding this will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance