Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Marcelo Elias Del Valle <mv...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/23 00:04:05 UTC

cassandra 1.2.6 -> Start key's token sorts after end token

Hello,

    I am trying to figure what might be cause this error. I am using
Cassandra 1.2.6 (tried with 1.2.3 as well) and I am trying to read data
from cassandra on hadoop using column family input format. I also got the
same error using pure astyanax on a test.
    I am using Murmur3Partitioner and I created the keyspace using
Cassandra 1.2.6, there is nothing from prior versions. I created the
keyspace with SimpleStrategy and replication factor 1.
    Here is the exception I am getting:
2013-07-22 21:53:05,824 WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child (main): Error
running child
java.lang.RuntimeException: InvalidRequestException(why:Start key's token
sorts after end token)
at
org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.ColumnFamilyRecordReader$WideRowIterator.maybeInit(ColumnFamilyRecordReader.java:453)
at
org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.ColumnFamilyRecordReader$WideRowIterator.computeNext(ColumnFamilyRecordReader.java:459)
at
org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.ColumnFamilyRecordReader$WideRowIterator.computeNext(ColumnFamilyRecordReader.java:406)
at
com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.tryToComputeNext(AbstractIterator.java:143)
at
com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.hasNext(AbstractIterator.java:138)
at
org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.ColumnFamilyRecordReader.getProgress(ColumnFamilyRecordReader.java:103)
at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewTrackingRecordReader.getProgress(MapTask.java:522)
at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewTrackingRecordReader.nextKeyValue(MapTask.java:547)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.MapContext.nextKeyValue(MapContext.java:67)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:771)
at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1132)
Caused by: InvalidRequestException(why:Start key's token sorts after end
token)
at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$get_paged_slice_result.read(Cassandra.java:14168)
at org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.receiveBase(TServiceClient.java:78)
at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.recv_get_paged_slice(Cassandra.java:769)
at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.get_paged_slice(Cassandra.java:753)
at
org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.ColumnFamilyRecordReader$WideRowIterator.maybeInit(ColumnFamilyRecordReader.java:438)
... 16 more
2013-07-22 21:53:05,828 INFO org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Task (main): Runnning
cleanup for the task

     Any hint?

Best regards,
--
Marcelo Elias Del Valle
http://mvalle.com - @mvallebr

Re: cassandra 1.2.6 -> Start key's token sorts after end token

Posted by Marcelo Elias Del Valle <mv...@gmail.com>.
We managed to make it work with RandomPartitioner... Guess we will rely on
it for now...

Posted by "Hiller, Dean" <De...@nrel.gov>.

Posted by "Hiller, Dean" <De...@nrel.gov>.
Perhaps try 0.20.2 as

 1.  The maven pom files have cassandra depending on 0.20.2
 2.  The 0.20.2 default was murmur and we had to change it to random partitioner or it wouldn't work for us

Ie. I suspect they will change the pom file to a more recent version of hadoop at some point but I wonder if test suites suck in 0.20.2 because the pom file points to that version….depends on if they actually have tests for map/reduce which is probably a bit hard.

Dean

Posted by Marcelo Elias Del Valle <mv...@gmail.com>.
Dean,