Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk> on 2002/10/24 20:19:24 UTC

Multiple namespaces in sitemaps

I do not understand why the sitemap.xmap files use two namespaces (the
map: namespace and the global namespace). Does anyone know, or is it just an accident?
I think I shall experiment by adding a default namespace, to make the
two identical, and see if anything breaks.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire

Re: Multiple namespaces in sitemaps

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Colin Paul Adams wrote:

>I do not understand why the sitemap.xmap files use two namespaces (the
>map: namespace and the global namespace). Does anyone know, or is it just an accident?
>I think I shall experiment by adding a default namespace, to make the
>two identical, and see if anything breaks.

The global namespace is used for component configurations, and the
"map:" namespace is used for sitemap constructs.

That's why we have non-namespaced elements in <map:generator> et al.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez

Re: Multiple namespaces in sitemaps

Posted by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>.

    Colin> I do not understand why the sitemap.xmap files use two
    Colin> namespaces (the map: namespace and the global
    Colin> namespace). Does anyone know, or is it just an accident?  I
    Colin> think I shall experiment by adding a default namespace, to
    Colin> make the two identical, and see if anything breaks.  --

Well, it certainly does break - in a way that I did not expect:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
 Failed to load sitemap from jndi:/localhost/cocoon/sitemap.xmap:
 jndi:/localhost/cocoon/sitemap.xmap:78:86:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
The prefix "map" for element "map:generator" is not bound.

Since I had removed the prefix map: from all sitemap.xmap files for
this test, and changing all xmlns:map= to xmlns=, it seems cocoon does
not understand xml namespaces. Is this by deliberate design?
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire