Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Tony Finch <do...@dotat.at> on 2000/12/01 10:50:03 UTC

Re: mod_include/6896: POST data can no longer be sent to a .shtml

The following reply was made to PR mod_include/6896; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tony Finch <do...@dotat.at>
To: apbugs@apache.org, jake@execpc.com
Subject: Re: mod_include/6896: POST data can no longer be sent to a .shtml
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 00:29:46 +0000

 jake buchholz <ja...@execpc.com> wrote:

 >Server Version: Apache/1.3.14 (Unix) mod_perl/1.24_01 PHP/4.0.3pl1 FrontPage/4.0.4.3

 What modules did you add to your 1.3.12 installation?

 >A customer's web site contained a one-liner in their index.shtml:
 >
 >	<!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/cgiprog"-->
 >
 >the CGI program is a self-contained perl CGI script that takes POST data (if
 >present) and acts on it.  If there isn't any POST data, it generates a form
 >that when submitted POSTs data back to itself (at the non-/cgi-bin URL).
 >
 >This was working until the server was upgraded from 1.3.12 to 1.3.14, and it
 >now results in:
 >
 >	Method Not Allowed
 >	The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /index.shtml

 I haven't tried to reproduce this problem, but from looking at the
 changelog and the differences between some of the relevant code I
 can't see how this can have happened. Can you reproduce the problem
 with a vanilla Apache installation -- no additional modules beyond
 the base distribution?

 (I hope I can get this email out before we go for releasing 1.3.15 on
 Monday -- I'm on a plane at the moment and I'll be on vacation this
 weekend with strictly limited connectivity.)

 Tony.
 --
 f.a.n.finch     dot@dotat.at     fanf@covalent.net     Chad for President!