Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Steven Willis <sw...@compete.com> on 2014/06/18 23:13:44 UTC

AvroParquetReader doesn't return results past first block

I submitted this pull request: https://github.com/Parquet/parquet-mr/pull/413 . It adds a single test case that writes a parquet file that ends up being larger than 1 block, and then tries to read the values back in. It's failing with a null pointer exception, which I don't think it should do.

-Steven Willis

Re: AvroParquetReader doesn't return results past first block

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@cloudera.com>.
On 06/18/2014 02:13 PM, Steven Willis wrote:
> I submitted this pull request: https://github.com/Parquet/parquet-mr/pull/413 . It adds a single test case that writes a parquet file that ends up being larger than 1 block, and then tries to read the values back in. It's failing with a null pointer exception, which I don't think it should do.

> -Steven Willis

Steven,

Thanks for finding this. I'll take a look right away. And sorry about
missing your other note, I should have been watching more closely.

rb

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer