Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by James Carpenter <na...@yahoo.com> on 2003/09/02 22:04:05 UTC

problem with subscribing to ant-user list

For some reason I am having trouble subscribing to the ant-user mailing
list, although I was able to subscribe to this dev list without problems.  I
tried several times, both today and yesterday.

To subscribe to the user list I sent the usual empty email to
user-subscribe@ant.apache.org but never received the confirmation message.

Can anyone help me?  Sorry to bother the dev list, but I don't know what
else to do.

On a related tangent, is NNTP access to the mailing list available?

Re: problem with subscribing to ant-user list

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, James Carpenter <na...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> To subscribe to the user list I sent the usual empty email to
> user-subscribe@ant.apache.org but never received the confirmation
> message.

This should work.  Apache's mail servers are under heavy load because
of Sobig.F (and even more so because of the stupid bounces of
extremely stupid mail servers).  It's very well possible that your
mail simply hasn't been processed or even received yet.

> On a related tangent, is NNTP access to the mailing list available?

Via gmane[1] AFAIK.

Stefan

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.gmane.org/