Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com> on 2009/12/17 02:10:25 UTC

Use Arial font in fo.ftl?

This is a question on using Barcode4J and XSL-FO in OFBiz.

Is it possible to use the "Arial" font in fo.ftl, and if so, how?
Before I try to convince my client that Helvetica is the same font as Arial
(which it isn't),
I want to be sure about what is possible.  Is it just a matter of making
fonts visible to the
Java runtime somehow?

This does not work:

                <fo:block text-align="center" font-family="Arial"
font-size="10pt" font-weight="bold">
                        ${mytexthere}
                </fo:block>

Likewise in my Barcode4J stanza, I have this, which does work -- but I'm not
sure whether it's substituting.

                    <barcode:barcode xmlns:barcode="
http://barcode4j.krysalis.org/ns" message="${inventoryItemId}">
                        <barcode:code128>
                            <barcode:height>20mm</barcode:height>

<barcode:module-width>0.375mm</barcode:module-width>
                            <barcode:human-readable>

<barcode:placement>bottom</barcode:placement>

<display-start-stop>false</display-start-stop>

<display-checksum>false</display-checksum>
                               </barcode:human-readable>
                        </barcode:code128>
                    </barcode:barcode>

--
James McGill
Phoenix AZ

Re: Use Arial font in fo.ftl?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I have updated the tips about search in archives (Nabble and Marlkmail) at
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/Mailing+Lists to use the new Nabble forums instead
I also tried to update the Firefox search plugins to use the new Nabble forums, without success so far. They still point to old
Nabble forums, though I changed the URLs. Perhaps because the Firefox search plugins format has changed?
I put the attachment at http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpageattachments.action?pageId=6553738

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: Use Arial font in fo.ftl?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: Use Arial font in fo.ftl?

Posted by Brajesh Patel <br...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Thanks James to share this.
and thanks Jacques  to add this information on the wiki(FAQ).

Brajesh Patel

Re: Use Arial font in fo.ftl?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Done,

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: Use Arial font in fo.ftl?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I will put that in FAQ

Thanks James

Jacques

From: "James McGill" <ja...@ableengineering.com>

Re: Use Arial font in fo.ftl?

Posted by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com>.

Re: Use Arial font in fo.ftl?

Posted by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com>.
On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 12:21 AM, Brajesh Patel <
brajesh.patel@hotwaxmedia.com> wrote:

> Hello James,
>
> Yes, you can use Arial font  in  fo.ftl  need to  use file
> "framework/webapp/config/fop.xconf"

Thank you Brajesh!

--James

Re: Use Arial font in fo.ftl?

Posted by Brajesh Patel <br...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hello James,

Yes, you can use Arial font  in  fo.ftl  need to  use file
"framework/webapp/config/fop.xconf" ,  this file contain following code
that responsible for font family, change font family according to the
requirement:

Thanks
Brajesh Patel