Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> on 2000/11/12 23:06:01 UTC

[C2][Xalan2J] SAXTransformerFactory's newXMLFilter

Scott,

SAXTransformerFactory needs a new method named newXMLFilter which takes in a Templates object as a
parameter. I know that there are other ways of getting an XMLFilter which contains a Transformer,
but the objective is to make it easy. For example there are two newTransformerHandler methods one
of which takes in a Source and another takes in a Templates object. So why not have an additional
newXMLFilter which takes in a Templates object?

Thanks,
dims

  public XMLFilter newXMLFilter(Templates templates){
    try {
      return new TrAXFilter(templates);
    } catch(TransformerConfigurationException tfe) {
      return null;
    }
  }

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI

http://calendar.yahoo.com/

Re: [C2][Xalan2J] SAXTransformerFactory's newXMLFilter

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Dims --

What happened to my previous idea?

private SAXTransformerFactory transformerFactory;

public XMLFilter getXMLFilter() throws TransformerConfigurationException
{
  XMLFilter retFilter = new XMLFilterImpl();
  TransformerHandler th =
transformerFactory.newTransformerHandler(templates);
  retFilter.setContentHandler(th);
  return retFilter;
}

I thought you had said that you decided you didn't need th XMLFiler
since you were switching to just using a TransformerHandler.  Have you
decided that you do need the XMLFilter after all?

Gary

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Dims --