Posted to rpc-user@xml.apache.org by ma...@zrs-tk.si on 2002/04/02 11:35:59 UTC

xml-rpc server

Hi all!

I am new in Java and xml-rpc, but I have some experience in
c++ and Corba.
I'd like to make and application server with java & xml-rpc instead of
c++ & Corba. Xml-rpc package seems ok, but I found the WebServer class
a little bit short.
For starter I'd like to have sessions. When I tried to add this
functionality I found
that most of relevant existing classes are local to XmlRcpServer class and
therefore
I can not extend it without changing the rpc class.

Is xml-rpc package and it's server meant for production use, or iti is just
a demo?
Is there some development going on, or it is just legacy code.

Has someone developerd a java server based on xmlrpc with sessions ?
(pointers)

Thanks in advance

Matjaz

Re: xml-rpc server

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
<ma...@zrs-tk.si> writes:

> Hi all!
>
> I am new in Java and xml-rpc, but I have some experience in
> c++ and Corba.
> I'd like to make and application server with java & xml-rpc instead of
> c++ & Corba. Xml-rpc package seems ok, but I found the WebServer class
> a little bit short.
> For starter I'd like to have sessions. When I tried to add this
> functionality I found
> that most of relevant existing classes are local to XmlRcpServer class and
> therefore
> I can not extend it without changing the rpc class.
>
> Is xml-rpc package and it's server meant for production use, or iti is just
> a demo?
> Is there some development going on, or it is just legacy code.
>
> Has someone developerd a java server based on xmlrpc with sessions ?
> (pointers)

Use the servlet interface to the XmlRpcServer class in conjunction
with something like Catalina <http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/>.

Re: xml-rpc server

Posted by Marcel Ruff <ru...@swand.lake.de>.
matjaz.ostroversnik@zrs-tk.si wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I am new in Java and xml-rpc, but I have some experience in
> c++ and Corba.
> I'd like to make and application server with java & xml-rpc instead of
> c++ & Corba. Xml-rpc package seems ok, but I found the WebServer class
> a little bit short.
> For starter I'd like to have sessions. When I tried to add this
> functionality I found
> that most of relevant existing classes are local to XmlRcpServer class and
> therefore
> I can not extend it without changing the rpc class.
>
> Is xml-rpc package and it's server meant for production use, or iti is just
> a demo?
> Is there some development going on, or it is just legacy code.
>
> Has someone developerd a java server based on xmlrpc with sessions ?
> (pointers)

See http://www.xmlBlaster.org

We support CORBA, XmlRpc, RMI and other protocols in parallel.
See the subdirectories of
   xmlBlaster/src/java/org/xmlBlaster/protocol
how all those protocols are matched to the internal session handling.

hope it helps,

Marcel

--
Marcel Ruff