Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Pagadala Baskar, Kiran Kumar (Cognizant)" <Ki...@cognizant.com> on 2006/01/03 13:10:13 UTC

How to specify external jars

Hi,

I have a couple of external jars that I need for my Project compilation.

I have uploaded them to the local repository using:

mvn install:install-file -Dfile=<File Path>\JAR_NAME.jar
-DgroupId=groupId
-DartifactId=JAR_NAME -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar

I tried adding the jar as a dependency to my POM.xml.

When I try to compile the project using mvn compile, it is still not
detected. I even tried to add the jars to my CLASSPATH manually. Even
that doesn't help.

Could someone please let me know where I am going wrong?

Thanks and Regards,
Kiran

Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

  Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

Re: How to specify external jars

Posted by Man-Chi Leung <ma...@gmail.com>.
can u list down what exactly u have do for "mvn install:install-file" ?

regards
~manchi

SV: How to specify external jars

Posted by Bengt-Erik Fröberg <Be...@ki.se>.
Hi

I assume you are using Maven2.
Can you find the uploaded jars in your repository?
Have you checked the internal structure of your installed jars?
(for example if foo.jar is installed, and it in its turn contains bar.jar,
fu.jar etc maven won't find them)
Have you checked that yout dependency is correctly declared?

Regards,

/B-E

I have a couple of external jars that I need for my Project compilation.

I have uploaded them to the local repository using:

mvn install:install-file -Dfile=<File Path>\JAR_NAME.jar
-DgroupId=groupId

-DartifactId=JAR_NAME -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar

I tried adding the jar as a dependency to my POM.xml.

When I try to compile the project using mvn compile, it is still not
detected. I even tried to add the jars to my CLASSPATH manually. Even
that doesn't help.

Could someone please let me know where I am going wrong?

Thanks and Regards,
Kiran

information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply