Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/13 05:13:50 UTC

[VOTE] HBase 2.3.4 release candidate (RC2) is available

Please vote on this Apache hbase release candidate,

hbase-2.3.4RC2

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache hbase 2.3.4

The tag to be voted on is 2.3.4RC2:

  https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.3.4RC2

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md

and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.3.4RC2/

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1428/

Artifacts were signed with the huaxiangsun@apache.org key which can be
found in:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

To learn more about Apache hbase, please see

  http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,

Your HBase Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] HBase 2.3.4 release candidate (RC2) is available

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
No worries, sure any script that can make our life easy is welcome.

I just have a PR with script (Phoenix): https://github.com/apache/phoenix/pull/1088
in case you would like to use anytime soon. I just used it
for both 2.3.4 and 2.4.1 RCs. It takes project name as input.

If approved for HBase, I will checkin to our master branch.
But if Nick's git check script can help during RC creation
itself, that would also be great.

> This will not sink the release candidate, right?

I think we usually do sink RC for change log discrepancies
but if there is a way to fix it without sinking RC that I am not
aware of, let's wait to hear opinions.

Posted by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@gmail.com>.
> I think we usually do sink RC for change log discrepancies
> but if there is a way to fix it without sinking RC that I am not
> aware of, let's wait to hear opinions.

Oh, I just checked the CHANGES.md, it does not include HBASE-25356,
HBASE-25425 and HBASE-25083.
I need to spin another RC.

Posted by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@gmail.com>.
>I just have a PR with script (Phoenix):
https://github.com/apache/phoenix/pull/1088
>in case you would like to use anytime soon. I just used it
>for both 2.3.4 and 2.4.1 RCs. It takes project name as input.

That is great! Let me try it out.

Posted by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@gmail.com>.