Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/05 19:45:39 UTC

Any last minute commits?

Hello, team!

After this period of testing, I'm planning to cut releases of both 5.6.2
and 5.7.0 and start threads for release votes. Does anyone have anything
else you'd want to include?

Cheers!

--
Thiago

Re: Any last minute commits?

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 6:24 AM Ben Weidig <be...@netzgut.net> wrote:

> Hi!

Hello!

> While going through the open issues/PRs on GitHub something caught my eye,
> which I wanted to work on today:
>
> org.apache.tapestry5.func.Tuple<A, B> has a custom #equals(Object) method,
> as it should have, being a container-type.
> But there's no appropriate #hashCode(), thereby violating a base contract
> of Java objects.
>
> This should be an easy fix. If it causes any trouble, it's most likely to
> using Tuple for something it wasn't supporting in the first place.

Good catch! If you're going to fix it, please don't forget to create a Jira
ticket for it and set the appropriate fix versions so we can have it
mentioned automatically in the release notes.

> IMO this should even be fixed in 5.6.x

Most definitely.

> "TAP5-2657 Blacklist modules autoloaded via manifests" (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2657) is commit/push-ready, but
> I don't want to add a new feature without any discussion/feedback first.

I definitely approve it. Great idea, well implemented, automated tests,
perfect backward compatibility. It could be merged to 5.6.x too, since 5.7
is a bigger change than usual.

> There's no real pressure for both things to be included this particular
> release, though.

Yes, but cutting and approving a release demands some time and effort some
I'd prefer to wait a bit to have more stuff included than do another
release soon.

--
Thiago

Re: Any last minute commits?