Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Michele Rabanal <ra...@bellsouth.net> on 2023/07/07 20:52:30 UTC

Upgrading from Turbine 2.3.3 to 5.0

Hello!

I am an applications developer on the Turbine framework.  Many years ago I upgraded Turbine from 2.2 to 2.3.
For security reasons, I am being asked to upgrade Turbine again.  I understand that I should be on Turbine 5.0, but
I'm not clear on exactly how to begin!

I have tried to follow https://turbine.apache.org/turbine/turbine-5-0/howto/migrate-from-2_3-howto.html <https://turbine.apache.org/turbine/turbine-5-0/howto/migrate-from-2_3-howto.html>, but I've gotten
nowhere and really just need more basic instructions.

Questions:
1) Should I do an actual in-place upgrade or should I build a new framework and then move my current project over into it?

2) Do I need to use a more current version of Maven?  And if so, what is the best way to get my current project
   into that new Maven structure?  and into the new Turbine structure?

I would appreciate any help!  I've tried many different approaches, but cannot figure this out. Installing/upgrading
software is not my main role!  If there are documents with more details, that would be great.

Here's the path of my current project:
    .maven/cache/maven-turbine-plugin-1.3/plugin-resources/flavor/turbine-2.3.3/inventory

    I believe these are the components/versions I'm using:
	Turbine 2.3.3
	Maven 1.1
	Torque 3.3
	Velocity 1.5

Thanks so much!

Re: Upgrading from Turbine 2.3.3 to 5.0

Posted by Michele Rabanal <ra...@bellsouth.net>.
Georg,
	Thank you so much for the information!  I have gotten started on building the default project.  I am having proxy issues, but I’m getting help with that and will hopefully be able to generate the project soon.

Thanks!
Michele

Von:    Michele Rabanal <ra...@bellsouth.net>
An:     user@turbine.apache.org