Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim O'Dowd <to...@hotmail.com> on 2003/04/09 20:28:49 UTC

Tomcat 3.3 version info in Servlet-Engine HTTP Header

Hi.

I am looking for a way to prevent the tomcat version number, etc. from
showing up in the HTTP Header when using the ajp12 connector in tomcat 3.3.
Currently I use tomcat with IIS via the ajp12 connector and I have added the
line reportedname = " " to both the ajp12Connector attribute and the
http10Connector attribute, and I have tried adding the custom header
Servlet-Engine: unknown in IIS, but I still get a header that looks like
this:

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved
Servlet-Engine: unknown
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 19:24:40 GMT
Servlet-Engine: Tomcat Web Server/3.3a Final ( JSP 1.1; Servlet 2.2 )

I am wondering if there is some tomcat 3.3 configuration that will take care
of this, and if not, is it possible in a newer version of tomcat??

thanks in advance,
-tim o'dowd