Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Diwaker Gupta <di...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/07 03:12:34 UTC

Why forrest?

Hi everyone,

I've written up a small <a
href="http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker/articles/why-forrest.html">article</a>
on my experiences over the years trying to develop and maintain a set
of static web pages, and why I finally decided to use Apache Forrest.

Just thought would post it here for anyone considering forrest. Feel
free to send the links to others who you think might be interested in
using Forrest.

Diwaker
--
Diwaker Gupta
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker

Re: Why forrest?

Posted by Diwaker Gupta <di...@gmail.com>.
> Good on you Diwaker, that is brilliant. This is a wonderful day.
> We have users advocating for us. When we have a Wiki page it will
> be great to link to your article.

Glad to be of help.

> I note that there is a broken link and it is an important one.
> The link to us should be forrest.apache.org and not
> xml.forrest.apache.org

Fixed. Got mangled while I was doing a mass substitution :-D

> Don't forget that if you send a request to our mailing list then
> we will add your main website to the "Example sites" page.
> http://forrest.apache.org/live-sites.html
> Send a small blurb for that page, or better still
> contribute a patch to the "live-sites.xml".

Will get to this shortly.

Cheers!
Diwaker
--
Diwaker Gupta
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker

Re: Why forrest?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've written up a small <a
> href="http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker/articles/why-forrest.html">article</a>
> on my experiences over the years trying to develop and maintain a set
> of static web pages, and why I finally decided to use Apache Forrest.
>
> Just thought would post it here for anyone considering forrest. Feel
> free to send the links to others who you think might be interested in
> using Forrest.

Good on you Diwaker, that is brilliant. This is a wonderful day.
We have users advocating for us. When we have a Wiki page it will
be great to link to your article.

I note that there is a broken link and it is an important one.
The link to us should be forrest.apache.org and not
xml.forrest.apache.org

Your last paragraph is interesting. We hope to have forrest
compete well in the full dynamic apps arena too. Don't forget
the super power of Apache Cocoon under the covers. Powers which
we have hardly touched yet.

Don't forget that if you send a request to our mailing list then
we will add your main website to the "Example sites" page.
http://forrest.apache.org/live-sites.html
Send a small blurb for that page, or better still
contribute a patch to the "live-sites.xml".

--
David Crossley