Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Vinod Bhagat <vb...@blastradius.com> on 2002/10/17 14:36:36 UTC

Integrating the PDF Extract With Lucene!!!!

Hi Gurus

 I manage to get the content form the PDF file using the JPedal libraries.
Now i need to use this content to Index inside Lucene, so that PDF
(binaries) files can be searched/indexed by Lucene.

And i am new with Lucene. Can anyone share there experience of indexing the
extracted content from PDF into Lucene. How to go about it, i have no idea
at the moment?

 Wait for the positive and early response.

 Best Regards.

 Vin

Re: Integrating the PDF Extract With Lucene!!!!

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Once you extract the content of the PDF and have it in your String
variables, you can create Fields with them, then create Documents with
Fields, and finally add those Documents to IndexWriter, which indexes
them.

Please look at the demo code that comes with Lucene first.

Otis