Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/27 08:31:34 UTC

seek for java api to implement the import job

Hi ALL

I want to import data from a RMDBS  to HDFS.

however i do not want to complete it using the sqoop shell api.
Are there any java apis to implements jobs like:
sqoop import

I also want to get the import output file through any java api after the
above step

Any help will be appreciated .

Thanks a lot

regards

Re: seek for java api to implement the import job

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Another possible way that is feasible for Sqoop 1.x is to use Sqoop.run(args) [1] method directly in your application. Please note that such usage is not supported and requires additional work on your application side - you need to make sure that all jars are on the classpath with all hadoop configuration files, ...

Jarcec

Links:
1: https://github.com/apache/sqoop/blob/trunk/src/java/org/apache/sqoop/Sqoop.java#L120

Posted by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com>.