Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Brian Forbis <bf...@athenahealth.com> on 2018/01/19 23:47:43 UTC

SeqID warning using nodeJS server in thrift v11

Hi all,

I’m looking into upgrading to thrift v11 using a perl client and a nodeJS server. While testing the upgrade, I started getting a bunch of warnings of this nature from my server:

“"thrift: [WARN] No seqid to unset"

Digging into this, it seems like there is some code in javascript binary protocols writeMessageEnd function:

if (this._seqid) {
        this._seqid = null;
    } else {
        log.warning('No seqid to unset');
    }

I suppose this warning will always be triggered as long as the seqID being used is falsey, and perl seems to always send a seqid of 0. I think this code should be checking that seqID is not “null” instead.

It also seems like the only reason these warnings were not showing up in thrift v10 is because the logger class was not actually implemented yet, so all the logs were being swallowed (so thanks to whoever did that).

So, to anyone who knows a bit more about seqid, is it safe to make a change to this warning so that it won’t warn if the seqID is set to 0?

Thanks,
Brian