Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Dominique Devienne <DD...@lgc.com> on 2003/08/12 21:27:03 UTC

RE: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/option al/net FTP.java

VFS is very interesting, but if you make Ant dependent upon it, then there's
a circular dependency between the two, since VFS is dependent upon Ant to
build *and* for its own custom Ant tasks...

Which is why Ant core still is standalone, except for the XML parser. I'm
not against this dependency, I'm just saying it has to be thought out
carefully, and dealt with on the GUMP side as well (but on that side, we
have super Stefan to fix everything ;-)

--DD