Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Renato Romano <r....@set-network.com> on 2004/06/14 17:29:15 UTC

Different input formats

I have an <html:text> input in my form, in which the user should put a
float value. Now I would like to allow the user to enter the Italian
decimal separator, that is comma (",") instead of dot ("."), but of
course I got a null property value for the Float in my ActionForm!! I
then tried to do this by myself, and it works fine, but I have to
directly access request.getParameter("...") which is undesirable, also
because now I have a form in which the former is nested, and so
request.getParameter("...") should take this into account.

Is there a better and "standard" solution to this ?
Thanks everyone

Renato
____________________________________
Renato Romano
Sistemi e Telematica S.p.A.
Calata Grazie - Vial Al Molo Giano
16127 - GENOVA

e-mail: r.romano@set-network.com
Tel.:   010 2712603

RE: Different input formats

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com>.
Use Strings as data memebers in your action form when ever possible.
You can "translate" the input in the action class performing what ever
logic is necessary.

robert