Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/14 17:22:56 UTC

Export as PDF changes URL

Hi,

I am exporting an .odt document as a PDF form and have a text link:
https://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-faq.html#printer

But the exported PDF file has the link as:

https://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-faq.html%23printer

Is there a setting I need to use to make the link work?

Thanks,
Craig

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: Export as PDF changes URL

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Craig,

Any reason why you still use AOO 4.1.2? Just curious...

BTW: In that specific document is another URL with #

Regards,

   Matthias

Re: Export as PDF changes URL

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks very much to Matthias and Dave for helping solve this known-to-others problem.

I've decided to use the link shortener to avoid this problem.
https://s.apache.org/cla-printer <https://s.apache.org/cla-printer> works great.

Best regards,
Craig

> On Apr 14, 2021, at 10:22 AM, Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am exporting an .odt document as a PDF form and have a text link:
> https://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-faq.html#printer
>
> But the exported PDF file has the link as:
>
> https://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-faq.html%23printer
>
> Is there a setting I need to use to make the link work?
>
> Thanks,
> Craig
>
> Craig L Russell
> clr@apache.org

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: Export as PDF changes URL

Posted by Steve Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I know this has been floating around for a while, I created and saved an
.ODT file then created a .PDF file with the link:
https://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-faq.html#printer

It saved without changes in either file format, the .PDF opened fine in
Preview with no changes and the link opened in Firefox.

Mac OSX v 10.11.6 (El Capitan)

Preview v 8.1

OpenOffice v 4.1.9

Firefox v 78.10.0esr (64-bit)

Steve

Re: Export as PDF changes URL

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Larry,

Re: Export as PDF changes URL

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.

--
_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Re: Export as PDF changes URL

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Larry,

Re: Export as PDF changes URL

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.
I'm using macOS 11.2.3 and AOO 4.1.9.

Created a test document with the link https://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-faq.html#printer

_________________________________

Re: Export as PDF changes URL

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Craig,

Re: Export as PDF changes URL

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.
Hi,

The PDF 1.0 specification had hashtag internal named destinations since it was written over 30 years ago. Before the WWW.

Apple has clearly messed up.

If you are worried then use s.Apache.org

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Export as PDF changes URL

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Looks like:

Re: Export as PDF changes URL

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Craig,

Re: Export as PDF changes URL

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthias,

MacOSX 10.15.7
OpenOffice 4.1.2

Thanks,
Craig

> On Apr 14, 2021, at 10:50 AM, Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Craig,
>
> I just exported an ODT with AOO 4.1.9 on Ubuntu with this link:
>
> https://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-faq.html#printer
>
> and it is fine in the PDF.
>
> Which version/OS are you using?
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
> Am 14.04.21 um 19:22 schrieb Craig Russell:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am exporting an .odt document as a PDF form and have a text link:
>> https://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-faq.html#printer
>>
>> But the exported PDF file has the link as:
>>
>> https://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-faq.html%23printer
>>
>> Is there a setting I need to use to make the link work?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Craig
>>
>> Craig L Russell
>> clr@apache.org