Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by ericbae <er...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/19 06:48:04 UTC

Accessing "term frequency information" for documents

Hello.

What I want to access through Lucene is this.

I search for documents by inserting a particular query and for each result
that is returned, I want to view its term frequency information.

For example, if documents A and B are returned, is there a easy way to check
which words appear in A and B and how many times they appear?

thank you for your help in advance.

Re: Accessing "term frequency information" for documents

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@syr.edu>.
You should take a look at the Term Vector classes.  See the "Lucene
In Action" book or my talk at ApacheCon last year on http://
www.cnlp.org/apachecon2005

-Grant

On Jul 19, 2006, at 12:48 AM, ericbae wrote:

> Hello.
>
> What I want to access through Lucene is this.
>
> I search for documents by inserting a particular query and for each
> result
> that is returned, I want to view its term frequency information.
>
> For example, if documents A and B are returned, is there a easy way
> to check
> which words appear in A and B and how many times they appear?
>
> thank you for your help in advance.

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
Sr. Software Engineer