Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/06 19:58:26 UTC

Contributing towards Airavata

Hi Devs,

I found that Apache Airavata is an interesting incubator projects. I am
looking forward to learn more about the project and start contributing
towards Airavata. I think there's not enough documentation on the Airavata
Apache site yet so if you can point me to few more links, it will be easy
for me to learn the concepts and structure of the project fast.

I am a committer for few apache projects like Qpid, Axis2 and WS-all and a
PMC for Qpid, so I hope to be a good resource for Airvata work !

I appreciate any input from the developers with more information about the
project.

Regards
Lahiru

Re: Contributing towards Airavata

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@cs.indiana.edu>.
On Jul 6, 2011, at 1:58 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I found that Apache Airavata is an interesting incubator projects. I am
> looking forward to learn more about the project and start contributing
> towards Airavata. I think there's not enough documentation on the Airavata
> Apache site yet so if you can point me to few more links, it will be easy
> for me to learn the concepts and structure of the project fast.
>
> I am a committer for few apache projects like Qpid, Axis2 and WS-all and a
> PMC for Qpid, so I hope to be a good resource for Airvata work !
>
> I appreciate any input from the developers with more information about the
> project.
>
> Regards
> Lahiru

Hi Lahiru,

Glad to have you onboard. The best source for documentation is this mailing list, one of the biggest contribution for Airavata will be to poke too much on this mailing list, gather the brain dumps and add churn them into documentation for others to consume. The immediate problem we are looking is the Derby integration to few modules in Airavata and I will start adding JIRA tickets. We will appreciate any tasks you add and close.

Messaging system will greatly benefit from your expertise. current documentation and research papers are available from - http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/xgws/messenger/index.html and http://www.collab-ogce.org/ogce/index.php/Messaging

Also, feel free to ask any question on this list.

Cheers,
Suresh