Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Sherwin Pinto <sh...@narvar.com> on 2016/05/17 01:03:57 UTC

Running Same set of Camel routes (Camel Context) on multiple nodes

Hi,

I am currently running a single instance of Camel. Routes are set up to pull files from ftp servers.

Camel Version: 2.15.3

Running as a standalone application using spring

I am using an Idempotent Consumer (JpaMessageIdRepository) to prevent downloading duplicate files.

We are looking to scale (run multiple nodes) and also provide fail over (incase there is an issue with the instance)

What would be the best method to accomplish this ?

Would starting another instance work ? Basically both instances compete for the routes and if one finds that the other has already downloaded the file (message present in the database) then it will try to download another file from the ftp server ?

Thanks

Regards,

Sherwin

Re: Running Same set of Camel routes (Camel Context) on multiple nodes

Posted by Sherwin Pinto <sh...@narvar.com>.
Thanks Karel … I had taken a look at it. Will research it in more detail

Posted by Karel Bernolet <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sherwin Pinto <sh...@narvar.com>.
Hi Yogesh,