Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Boyer <cb...@musiciansfriend.com> on 2008/04/02 19:58:51 UTC

Problems with Maven on OSX

I'm lost here and can't seem to figure this out. I'm working with
Maven on OSX and for some reason it doesn't seem to be downloading
dependencies or anything really. Just for fun. I went ahead and moved
off my .m2 repo and ran a mvn install on a pretty simple pom file. It
spewed this at me:

cboyer@gaz test $ mvn install[INFO]
Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Tutorial[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does
not exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second[INFO] Finished at: Wed Apr 02 10:57:01
PDT 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
[INFO]

I just reinstalled maven with macports. Running version 2.0.8. My
repo was clean when I ran this.

Any help with this would be great.

--Chris

Chris Boyer <cb...@musiciansfriend.com>
Senior Programmer/Analyst, Musician's Friend

Re: Problems with Maven on OSX

Posted by Chris Boyer <cb...@musiciansfriend.com>.
So that brought about a different error: ;)

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Test
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/
maven-site-plugin/2.0-beta-6/maven-site-plugin-2.0-
beta-6.pomDownloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/
plugins/maven-site-plugin/2.0-beta-6/maven-site-plugin-2.0-beta-6.pom
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
GroupId: org.apache.maven.pluginsArtifactId: maven-site-
pluginVersion: 2.0-beta-6
   org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:pom:2.0-beta-6
from the specified remote repositories:  central (http://
repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Apr 02 14:47:17 PDT 2008[INFO] Final Memory:
1M/2M
[INFO]

Posted by Joshua ChaitinPollak <jp...@kivasystems.com>.
Chris,