Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> on 2010/04/19 17:15:13 UTC

gentle reminder: 10.6 release candidate to be created next Monday

Just a gentle reminder that I plan to cut the 10.6 branch and build the
10.6.1 release candidate next Monday, as described here:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenSixOneRelease

So this is the last week for checking in 10.6.1 features and bug fixes.
Please let me know sooner rather than later if you need more time to
wrap up your 10.6.1 work.

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: gentle reminder: 10.6 release candidate to be created next Monday

Posted by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM>.
On 19.04.10 19:18, Kim Haase wrote:
> I would be very grateful if Kristian could review DERBY-4525
> (documentation for the in-memory storage back end) so that the
> documentation can get into the release. If he doesn't have time, maybe
> he could designate someone else.

Hi Kim,

I'll do this tomorrow. I already had a quick look and couldn't find much
to comment on, but I'll do another pass.

Kristian

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.
On 04/19/10 07:18 PM, Kim Haase wrote:
> I would be very grateful if Kristian could review DERBY-4525
> (documentation for the in-memory storage back end) so that the
> documentation can get into the release. If he doesn't have time, maybe
> he could designate someone else.
>
> I am working on DERBY-4579 (configurable hash algorithm) right now. I
> doubt if I will have time to get to DERBY-4401 (named columns join) or
> DERBY-4506 (NATURAL JOIN), though it is possible (particularly if we do
> a second RC).

Hi Kim,

I'll take a look at DERBY-4401 and DERBY-4506, and see if I can come up
with a patch that at least adds some rudimentary syntax description.
Thanks for working on DERBY-4579.

--
Knut Anders

Re: gentle reminder: 10.6 release candidate to be created next Monday

Posted by Kim Haase <ca...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
Thanks for the heads-up, Kristian. I will probably have to ask you for
Maven help at the end of the release cycle.

Thanks,
-Rick

Posted by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM>.